Thursday, May 12, 2011

Kick Daddy Please! What am I saying?

I started feeling movement around 19 weeks and now I'm obsessed with getting my husband to feel it too. It will be strong enough later that people will not only feel, but also see my little wiggleworm squirming in my belly.  But I don't want to wait for later.
I am an impatient woman.
I'll own that.

I just want him to experience what I do all the time.
And it's not like the kicks aren't hard enough to feel. They certainly are. Just not all the time.
We'll sit for 20 minutes waiting for a kick and then as soon as I give up and roll over, she'll kick so hard! Its like she knows we're waiting for her to move.
Like she's winning at a game of hide-n-seek.
Well "Olly Olly Oxen Free!!"
Please Kick Daddy!

What am I saying? What am I teaching my daughter? I tell her. No I beg her to kick her father now. But in 4 years, when I get a call from the preschool reporting that my daughter has kicked poor little Johnny, I'll deny I ever told her such a thing. You will all know the truth.
I just want him to feel how strong she is.
How powerful she can be.
She's like her mother though,
Stubborn.

1 comment:

  1. Update: He felt her move the same day I posted this. Funny how these things happen. :) His face was priceless! SO excited to know that our little girl is in there and isn't afraid to let us know it.

    ReplyDelete