Sunday, April 24, 2011

Oh the possibilities...

I'm very much interested in what my baby will be like, as are all expecting parents.  As I wait anxiously for this Wednesday's ultrasound, I wonder about how big my baby is and if our precious one is a boy or girl.  Its got me thinking again about names that I love. In my wondering, I stumbled upon this eye color predictor this morning and I just have to share. You select your eye color and --just as important-- your parents' eye colors. This even prompts you about sibling variations that may effect the possibilities. Needless to say, its really interesting. :) Check it out here Eye Color Predictor.

As for the ultrasound, I'm excited for my friends and family to finally get the answer to the most nagging question on their minds. I created a poll on my Facebook page about the gender and I jokingly added an option for twins. Somehow, twins is beating out girl. Apparently everyone thinks I'm huge. James is a genetically identical twin and has cousins who are fraternal. Any research into the hereditary nature of twinning will show you that I have no predisposition to carrying twins.  That being said, many people are convinced I'm having twins.  At my last visit with my midwife, Alice, I asked her to listen carefully for a third heartbeat (you hear mine and the baby's) and she only heard ONE fetal heartbeat.  This method isn't 100% but it pretty much says, "go ahead and buy the single stroller."  I guess we shall see on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment