Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Babies bring their own bread

A saying I have been told a handful of times is "babies bring their own bread".  I am struggling to see what this really means.  I believe the intent most people have is to calm the nerves of the new or soon-to-be parents who are audience to the adage.

I have come to see that babies are expensive. Seriously costly. Absolutely worth it, I'm sure. But none-the-less, they burn right through any cash you may have.  It is important to say that our Lord provides all the needs of His children so I'm not doubting that we will be cared for.  It is very clear, however, that our discernment and wisdom of how to allocate what money we are given will certainly be tested.

I've been blessed with friends who are donating items to my family like maternity clothes, and breast pumps, and even a crib from my mother in law.  My mother has made it her goal to turn her (almost)weekly yard sale trips into baby item hunts.  For about a year, she and her next door neighbor seek out the best yard sales and get amazing deals.  This is where we acquired the small diaper bag, many onesies, drop-in baby bottles, and folding bouncer, travel highchair, and even a Winnie the Pooh Pack N'play.  God is providing for the gear.

The medical is the most expensive. We will be consulting with our midwife tomorrow about our lab bill but it totals $1817.93  and should normally cost patients without insurance around $300 at the most.  I'm calling on all the prayer warriors to be bringing this need before the Lord for us.  We have no way to pay that on top of our regular doctor's bill so lets pray for a miracle. I just need some dough.

So far we've had no baguettes, rolls, or loaves brought by our baby, I'm still waiting on that one.

2 comments:

  1. How the heck does it cost that much!? (this is Kara)

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to our midwives, it looks as though the tests were billed a larger amount since we were filing with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida. They will rebill it if we don't get coverage though Medicaid.

    ReplyDelete