Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Another game of Ketchup

Its been a long time since the last post, but having a baby makes you very, very busy.

As for Amelia, she is busy growing and learning so much. At her recent 2 month wellbaby visit she was 11 lbs 8 oz and 24 inches. She's still 75% for weight and 90% for length. She is tall and always has been. :)
She is smiling now and she grins a lot. We have three giggles on the record so far and are looking forward to more laughter in our lives. Milestones are being reached left and right like "finding" her hands and increases in head control and tracking movement with her eyes.

However, she hasn't rolled over and I have mixed feelings about that. I want her to be smart and advanced BUT I also want her to be stationary as long as possible. Once she gets going and is mobile, I won't be able to get half as much done since my time will be spent chasing her around. So the way I see it, her not rolling is just her being my itty bitty baby a little bit longer.

We finally picked up our order of cloth diapers from Ecological Babies and Amelia has enjoyed one full day in cloth. So far I am really seeing that cloth is not harder than disposables and I hope to save some money on diapers. I'm very excited to be able to eliminate some chemical contact since so much of what we eat and use these days has an overload of chemicals. Plus cloth is just plain cute! I'll have to post pictures of her with a "fluffy butt" sometime soon.

I'm basically back to normal; of course there is still that baby weight but patience with my body is a good thing. In other news, I've been offered a position within my current job that would give me a more flexible schedule but requires two one-week training sessions in Tennessee. The jury is still out on whether or not I'll be taking this opportunity.

I did take full advantage of the opportunity to train with a Melissa of Captial City Doula Services to begin my certification process through DONA International. (The video I posted about pain is by Penny Simkin who is one of the founders of DONA) This is a new venture and thankfully I have the complete support of my husband; without his backing, I would be to afraid to try. My goal is to complete my training within the next year. (Think "graduating class" of 2012 ) There are lots of books to read, papers to write, and births to attend, but I think it is manageable. With my hiatus from Flagler College being so long and my return yet undetermined, this really is the best time in my life to begin a new pursuit of training in this field.

I was going to post videos of all the amazing things Amelia has been doing to show how much she had grown in the last 2 months, but alas, our computer was stolen from our apartment and thus I no longer have those videos to show. So instead I will close this post with a  short video I took during the training workshop of Miss Amelia during tummy time. She's so strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment