Monday, September 26, 2011

Baby K is here!


Amelia "Something" Kimmel was born
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 
at 4:27 pm
All 8lbs6oz of cuteness fits in 21 inches

(If you remember my previous post I was right on the day and very close on the length. I was only off by one lbs and 2 oz so I'd say that's a win.) 
She is looking healthy and got 9 on both APGAR ratings. 

pastedGraphic.pdf
Amelia Kimmel: One Day Old
The labor was roughly 12 hours from the first noticable contactions to her arrival into our arms. 
We are all shocked with how quickly she came. It was a waterbirth at the Birth Cottage (which was such a treat) and so was amazing all around!! 
Many were asked to pray after her birth because I had some very concerning bleeding right afterwards while I am working on a detailed account of the entire birth, many people are in need of an update. To summarize the scary parts, I was given a pitocin injection and methergen tablets to help with restricting the bleeding after a hemorage. I had a dizzy spell in the shower which was later determined was mostly low blood sugar and overheating but did concern the midwives a great deal. I was monitored at the birth cottage for several hours and after further tests looked markedly better, we went home at around 11pm last night. 
I'm now showing signs that the bleeding is all normal and the concerns for potential problems is in the past. I am so grateful for all the prayers sent up to cover us during the time just after her birth. I know that God was listening and He has granted me great health. I am still very tired and prayers for the recovery process are very much welcome. I have gotten many mentions of wanting to bring food so I'm including information on the right side about a website that will help us organize those efforts called MealBaby.com. 
I know many are curious what her full name will be, and honestly we are too! We are slowly working through the process of naming her and will let you know when we figure it out. :) For now, we are enjoying being a family of 3 and soaking it in as much as we can. Sometimes that means just staring at her for hours. The time seems to pass all too quickly. 

1 comment:

  1. Amelia was finally given a middle name. She is officially Amelia Evelynn Rose Kimmel.

    ReplyDelete