Sunday, July 24, 2011

Okay, let's play 'ketchup'!!

I've been really slacking on keeping this thing updated. Here goes...

I'm now 32 weeks pregnant. That means 8 more weeks till the due date. I don't know how many months I am because I'm still so confused on how to count it. When I say 8 weeks people respond "Oh two more months!" but when I say I'm due Sept. 18th I get a reaction more like "A little over a month and a half!"

Either way you count it I've got only a little while longer till I'm face to face with the tiny person I've been carrying all this time.

We've started our Bradley Method Childbirth Classes. Its a 12 week course...the 12th week is 2 days post our due date. Hopefully she takes after me and arrives late. :)

Speaking of the Bradley Method, I love love love our class.  The instructor is so warm and helpful and I truly believe her when she says we can call at any hour and she'll be there for us. Its so nice to be supported in that way.

Okay so lightening round-->
Last appointment stats are as follows:
31 weeks 3 days
Amelia's heartrate: 144 bbm
Amelia's position: head down YAY
Amy's weight gain: 30 lbs. eeek.
Amy's blood pressure: 120/70
Amy's fundal height: 32 cm

My homework from last appointment is:

  • Purchase and pack the back for birth. --I gotta post the list for ya'll. Its way funny.
  • Install the car seat base
  • Contact potential pediatricians and select one
  • Walk more
  • Come back every 2 weeks from now on
Items worth mentioning--
July vacation with my family went very well with very minor swelling on the drive back.  While staying in Balsam, North Carolina; My dad and brother both felt Amelia moving for the first time. Woohoo! I got lots of exercise and amazed myself and everyone else with how much I could really do even while pregnant.  I will post a slide show of pictures from the trip when I have spare time. IF I ever get any. ;)

Also noteworthy is the puchase of a new car. Well, you know, new to us. James sold his Miata to my brother who is loving the sportscar lifestyle. James returned to the used car lot where he had found the Miata and got a steal of a deal on the most perfect 95 Accord with crazy low miles on it (like 46,000) I just can't wait to see a carseat in our Accord. Better yet, I look forward to putting our daughter in that carseat in the back of our Accord!! :) 

At the risk of this post being WAY to long, I'll mention two more things. 

Today my feet got truly swollen for the first time. After a 5+ hour marathon of "thank you"-note-writing  (...from our wedding. We're backlogged. I'm ashamed) with my mother, I stood up to see sausages at the ends of my feet. I swear, these puppies looked like two catchers mitts. I nearly cried. I've never been so swollen in my life. I'm starting to get over it now, but I'm still not ready to laugh about this one. :/  

I saved this one for the end so that I can leave on a positive note-- My mother found a bassinet in her weekly garagesale venture.  I can sleep a little easier knowing that even if we're totally broke, utterly clueless, and otherwise unprepared by the time Amelia arrives, we will have some place to put her and she will have somewhere to rest her tiny head. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel like pretty much everyone is totally broke, utterly clueless, and otherwise prepared for their first child.... I wouldn't know yet, but I'm just making a crazy guess. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it... I meant unprepared so I deleted the comment to try again. And still wrote prepared. For the record, I mean UNprepared.

    ReplyDelete